Flint Hills Community Church
Strength for Today, Hope for Tomorrow
1998 KS Hwy 177, PO Box 527, Cottonwood Falls, Kansas 66845. 620-273-6777
Pastor Jim Bartsch. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Statement of Faith
Flint Hills Community Church
1. That the Bible, Old and New Testament, is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17). It is true in all it affirms and is the believer’s source for faith and practice (2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. In one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Timothy 2:5), Creator of all things (Exodus 20:11; Colossians 1:15-17), infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in the three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
3. That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary (Matthew 1:20-23). He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). Further, He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, where He sits at the right hand of the Father on high (Acts 2:32-33). He is now our High Priest and Advocate (Hebrews 4:14; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 2:1).
4. That the work of the Holy Spirit is necessary for one to be brought into a state of justification with God. The Spirit indwells those who have received Christ for the purpose of enabling them to live righteous and godly lives (Romans 8:9; Titus 3:4-7; Galatians 5:22-26).
5. That mankind is created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). However, as a result of the entrance of sin into the world (Romans 5:12), and our own sin, we are fallen and powerless to save ourselves (Romans 3:23-24).
6. That it is necessary for each person to repent and receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord in order to be saved (John 3:3-6; Romans 10:9-10).
7. That there will be resurrection of both the saved and the lost – the one to everlasting life, and the other to everlasting judgment (John 5:24-29; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 20:11-15).
8. That water baptism and the Lord’s supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation (Matthew 3:13-15; Matthew 28:18-20; Romans 6:4; Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:24-25; Ephesians 2:8-10).
9. That the Church is the Body of Christ on earth and is composed of all such persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ (John 3:36), have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:4-7) and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head (1 Corinthians 12:12-13, 27).
10. That, therefore, only members of the Body of Christ on earth shall be eligible for membership in the Flint Hills Community Church. That Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its own affairs (Colossians 1:18).
11. In the personal, premillennial, and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:11-14).
12. That the mission of the church is the nurture of the Christians and the evangelization of the world (Matthew 28:18-20).